Final event of award winning project ICCARus on March 14, 2022
On December 2, 2021 we were proud to have ICCARus proclaimed the winner of the RegioStars Awards in the category ‘Green Europe’. A much appreciated recognition of the uniquess and progressive character of our project.
ICCARus is a collaboration between the City of Ghent, Public Centre of Social Welfare Ghent, Sivi vzw, SAAMO Ghent vzw, Domus Mundi vzw, REGent vzw, KU Leuven, UGent and AP Hogeschool.
The ICCARus project officially started in November 2018. Three and a half years later, we conclude the European part of the project with our final event. Fortunately this is not the end of the Gent knapt op project as the City of Ghent has already committed to renovate an extra 200 houses!
- Motive and objectives of the project - Deputy Mayor of Housing Tine Heyse and Deputy Mayor of Poverty Counteraction Rudy Coddens (City of Ghent)
- How does Gent knapt op work? - project manager Derkien De Baets (City of Ghent)
- Zoom-in on the recurring fund - Tom Verbeke (KU Leuven)
- Testimonials of Gent knapt op participants
- Zoom-in on the profile of the participants - Kathleen Van den Broeck (KU Leuven)
- Conversation: social and renovation counselling - Marjorie Verbeeld (PCSW Ghent), Gilles Guillaume (SAAMO Ghent vzw) and Caroline Verhoeven (Domus Mundi vzw)
- Zoom-in on the condition of the houses before and after renovation - Leontien Bielen (KU Leuven)
- Video: the impact of community building on participants
- Zoom-in on the social impact measurement - Katleen Van den Broeck (KU Leuven), Kaatje Van Roy (UGent) and Hilde Maelstaf (AP Hogeschool)
- Link with European Policies - Jan D’Hulst (DG Regio)
You can still register by filling in the registration form, this is not mandatory. Feel free to forward this invitation to any people you think may be interested.
PARTICIPATE VIA LIVE STREAM
Everybody can participate online via this platform: finaleventgentknaptop.sonorent.be. You can ask your questions via chat, these will be discussed at the end of the programme.
We hope to welcome you!
The Gent knapt op-team