Vilawatt has promoted the creation of a new energy company governed by a public-private-citizen partnership, where the main city’s social actors have a key role. Viladecans priority is to boost citizen commitment and sense of belonging as an essential axis to promote a sustainable energy transition process. Vilawatt has a special focus on kids, being a company that educates for change from childhood, making easier for citizens to lead the transformation of the energy model.
There are five REGIOSTARS Award categories for 2020:
- Industrial transition for a Smart Europe (Smart growth)
- Circular economy for a green Europe (Sustainable growth)
- Skills & Education for a digital Europe (Inclusive growth)
- Citizens engagement for cohesive European cities (Urban development) - Vilawatt is here!
- Youth empowerment for cooperation across borders (Topic of the year 2020: 30 Years of Interreg)
High-level academics will evaluate the applications of the projects submitted to choose the winners. But in addition, the public will choose their own winner through an online public vote by awarding the “Audience Award” to one of the projects.
Vote for the Vilawatt project! Click on the link, search for the category "Urban development - Citizens engagement for cohesive European cities" and click on the heart on the right until July 9th ♥