With this aim, it has come to our mind that explaining it through a game might be a good solution, so we have created the Vilawatt game to launch the official communication campaign of the project: a game for general public, young and old alike, where they can understand by playing how the Vilawatt project can help us rehabilitating our homes, improving our energy consumption habits, saving money in our bill, and creating a circular economy system.
The Vilawatt game is a ‘game of games’, a game that integrates 5 challenges where each of them focuses on one of the sides of the project:
- Find the detail: We learn through this game what kind of rehabilitation works we will be promoting with the Vilawatt project by finding in the pictures the actions to be made.
- The right choice: If we find the way out of the labyrinths we will get to know the main project outcomes and the way in which the project will contribute to improve our standards of living, boost local economy and, last but not least, preserve the planet.
- Vilawatt as the new local currency: where will Vilawatts go? We will know more about vilawatt and what kind of products and services you will be able to buy with them.
- How can I save more money? Through this game we choose between different energy saving options in order to know how much money we will be able to save in our bill depending on our rehabilitation decisions.
- Spread the word! After having played the previous games, we will have the mission to explain our colleagues what we have learned by drawing in detail the actions described.
All these games were really useful to launch the project in the official communication event on June the 17th, but they will also be exhibited and ready to be played in the next months’ city events and also in the framework of summer schools’ activities.