Most of the UIA projects working on circular economy have a holistic or a large-scale approach as they combine a large range of actions dealing with economic, social and environmental issues. Thus, the projects deal with the challenge of zero waste cities’ strategy with a wide range of tools, activities and techniques including both offline and online tools. The combination of these different approaches and actions creates a new framework in which innovation can be found.
Five projects have ended their activities this year:
- Circular South – city of Antwerp (Belgium)
- Super Circular Estate - city of Kerkrade (The Netherlands)
- Urban infra revolution – Lappeenranta (Finland)
- URBAN SOIL 4 FOOD - city of Maribor (Slovenia)
- EARTH CYCLE - city of Sevran (France)
In addition to the closure events, first lessons learnt on Circular Economy projects have been shared during dedicated workshops in 2019: