Energy poverty is a multidimensional challenge that needs different approaches. EPIU project has been designed taking into account expertise at different levels. In order to find a good solution to tackle hidden energy poverty, Getafe’s municipality (MUA) is accompanied by:
- EMSV, the local housing public company
- Universidad Carlos III, with three research teams involved:
- Appropriate Technologies for Sustainable Development Group (GTADS) Control Learning and Systems Optimization Group (CAOS
- Sociology of Climate Change and Sustainable Development (SCCDS)
- ACA-Asociación de Ciencias Ambientales, as one of the reference organizations tackling energy poverty in Spain
- FN - Fundación Naturgy, the foundation of one of the biggest energy suppliers in Spain
- Khora Urban Thinkers as experts on public management
- UPM - Universidad Politécnica de Madrid with two research teams involved
- GIAU+S (Architecture, Planning and Sustainability research group)
- ABIO (Bioclimatic Architecture in a Sustainable Environment).
- Red Cross on its division in Getafe (CR Local Assembly of Getafe)
- FLC - Fundación Laboral de la Construcción representing entities of the employer’s associations and trade unions of the construction sector and ensuring the effectiveness of the communication’s plan of the project.
Other relevant stakeholders such as Instituto para la Diversificación y ahorro de energía (IDAE), Airbus, Comunidad de Madrid, Ecologistas en Acción or Triodos Bank are members of the EPIU’s Technical Committee.